27 Jun 3-Day Cake
- 1 box Golden Butter cake mix (yellow cake)
- 1 – 8 oz. container of frozen Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 – 8 oz. container sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 oz. shredded sweetened coconut
- Bake the cake according to package instructions. Slice each layer into 2 layers (this is easier if partially frozen).
- Combine the sugar, sour cream, and coconut together until well mixed. Remove 1 cup of this mixture and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the remaining sugar/coconut/sour cream mixture on each of the 3 layers, leaving about 1/2″ around the edges. Top with the 4th cake layer.
- Add the Cool Whip to the 1 cup of reserved sugar/coconut/sour cream mixture that you previously set aside and gently fold it all together until well mixed.
- Ice the top and sides of the cake with the above icing. Cover and put in refrigerator and leave for 3 days. Enjoy!