This recipe was made at the SMFM during a cooking demonstration by Chef Jed Demler
- 1-2 ripe peaches (halved and pitted)
- 1 1/2 cups sourdough bread (sliced or torn into crouton-sized bites)
- 2 ounces Burrata mozzarella cheese
- Handful of sweet grape or cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Handful of leafy greens such as arugula, butter lettuce, or raw spinach
- Red onion (thinly shaved)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-2 leaves of fresh basil, hand-torn
- 1/4 cup fresh pecans, toasted
- 1 small pat of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl add 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons of honey. Drizzle in 3 tablespoons of EVOO while whisking briefly. Set aside.
- Toast pecans over medium heat in a dry pan until fragrant. Remove from heat and add a spall pat of butter, salt & pepper, 1 tablespoon of honey, and toss to coat. Remove from heat to let cool.
- Lightly sprinkle the peaches with brown sugar, salt & pepper, and place flesh side down on a HOT grill or griddle, allowing the peaches to caramelize. Flip peaches, letting skin side get some color as well. Remove, let cool, and slice peaches into 4-6 pieces (depending on the size of the peach; don’t slice too thin).
- Drizzle the sourdough with olive oil and place on the same HOT grill/griddle. Allow bread to get some color and crisp a little. This will happen quickly! Keep turning! Remove and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add peaches, a handful of greens, the grilled bread, shaved onions, and halved tomatoes or grapes. Hand tear a couple of fresh basil leaves and add to bowl. Coat with the balsamic vinaigrette and transfer to serving plate. Break Burrata into 2-3 pieces and place around plate. Top salad with toasted pecans.