13 Jun Beef Tenderloin
- 1 beef tenderloin
- Olive oil
- Lemon pepper marinade (e.g. Lawry’s)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees
- Using your hands, rub the beef tenderloin all over including the ends with olive oil. Sprinkle all over with lemon pepper marinade until the tenderloin is well coated.
- Place beef tenderloin in a shallow baking pan, uncovered, and place a meat thermometer in the fattest part. Cook for about 6 hours until thermometer shows medium rare. The cooking time can vary according to the size of the tenderloin.
- At the end of 6 hours, if you are ready to eat, remove, slice, and serve. If you are not quite ready, let tenderloin sit at room temperature (loosely covered with foil). If the meat is too rare, you can turn the temperature up to 350 degrees and cook longer. Be careful: it will cook really fast.
- The au jus from this meat is delicious and can be served on the side or spooned over the individual slices when serving. Enjoy!