Makes 6-8 dozen small cookies
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate covered espresso beans (Trader Joe’s)
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Kahlua
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 teaspoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a food processor to grind up chocolate covered espresso beans into small pieces. Set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine butter with both brown and white sugars. Beat on medium speed until butter and sugar are well mixed. There should be no remaining chunks of sugar.
- Add vanilla extract and Kahlua followed by one egg. Beat on medium speed until incorporated and beat in the second egg.
- In a small dish, mix espresso powder with 3 teaspoons hot water and stir until dissolved. Measure out 2 teaspoons from the mix and add to batter. Discard remaining liquid.
- Add milk and make sure all ingredients are well mixed.
- Turn mixer speed to low and slowly add flour mixture just until mixed. Add chocolate covered espresso beans last and mix on low until combined. Spoon cookie dough onto lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 6 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container.