15 Sep Tarragon Shrimp Scampi
From Martha Stewart, Serves 4
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 small onions, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon course salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small bunch fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and sauce garlic and onions with salt and pepper over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Add tarragon and cook for 1 minute. Do not let the mixture brown. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine shrimp with onion mixture and lemon juice in a large bowl, stirring well. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to high. Arrange shrimp in a large oven-proof skillet. Pour any remaining marinade over shrimp. Broil 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and topping is browned. Serve immediately.