18 May Delicious Fresh Pasta
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 cloves of fresh garlic, finely chopped
- Lots of fresh tomatoes (amount is to taste, but we like lots of tomatoes), chopped
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Saute garlic in olive oil. Stir constantly until soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes to garlic. Add salt to taste. Stir until gently cooked but not mushy.
- Add basil, torn into pieces.
- Pasta: Add pasta to boiling water to which you have added lots of salt and a small amount of olive oil. Cook as per package instructions or until al dente.
- To Serve: (optional) cook a couple of good sausages (chicken/apple or mild Italian) from Whole Foods or Central Market. Place sausages in a small sauce pan with about 1/2″ of water and gently cook until water is absorbed. When cooked, slice sausages on the diagonal and arrange on the side on top of pasta.
- Place pasta on plate and top with fresh tomato mixture with sausage slices on one side.
*This sauce will not be runny like a cooked tomato sauce, but more like a tomato concasse – chunky.
**You can also grill red, yellow, and green bell pepper quarters in a grill pan and serve on the other side of the plate. Really pretty! And, very healthy.