23 Jul Farmers Market Pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 T Sherry or white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 ears corn removed from cob
- 1 1/2 pounds medium zucchini
- 8 to 9 ounces linguine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 1 cup chopped basil and/or mint
- Parmesan cheese
1. Mince and mash garlic to a paste with 1/2 tsp salt, then stir together with vinegar, oil, and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and stir gently, then set aside.
2. Peel lengthwise ribbons from zucchini with a vegetable peeler.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Just before pasta is done, stir in zucchini ribbons and corn and cook 15 seconds.
4. Drain pasta and vegetables together in a large colander and add to tomato mixture with onion (if using), then toss gently. Add herbs and toss gently, serving with parmesan.