13 Jul Fresh Peach Crisp
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled, pitted
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Slice peeled, pitted peaches into the prepared baking dish.
3. Sift together the flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon into a medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over peaches in baking dish.
5. Bake at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes, until topping is golden brown and peaches are tender. Serve peach crisp warm with cream or whipped topping.