28 May Grilled Green Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 4 medium-size Green Tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 2 lb.)
- 1 (16-oz.) package sliced fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh Basil
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add Tomatoes, seal, and shake gently to coat. Chill 1 hour.
2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove Tomatoes from Marinade, reserving Marinade. Grill Tomatoes, covered with grill lid, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until tender and grill marks appear.
3. Arrange alternating slices of warm grilled Tomatoes and Mozzarella Cheese on a large, shallow platter. Drizzle with reserved Marinade; season with Salt and Pepper to taste. Sprinkle with fresh Basil.