07 Jun Grilled Salmon with Fresh Avocado Salsa
Natural Grocers Recipe, Serves 4
For the Salmon:
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Mix the salt, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper together. Rub the seasoning mix into the salmon fillets and refrigerate for at least 3o minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium-high heat. Brush the salmon fillets with melted coconut oil and place on grill. Grill until the fish is cooked through, about 3-4 minutes on each side (the salmon should release itself from the grill when it’s ready to flip). When done, remove to a platter and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the salmon topped with the avocado salsa.
For the Salsa:
- 2 avocados, pits removed and flesh chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Sea salt to taste
- While the salmon rests in the fridge with seasoning, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Chill until ready to use.