08 Aug Holly’s Corn Bread
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 3 tablespoons honey (sugar can be used if honey is not available)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted butter (real butter – not margarine)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients
- In a small bowl or 2-cup measuring cup, combine all the liquids including the eggs and beat together. Stir liquid into the dry ingredients just until mixed – do not over-beat.
- Pour batter into a 9″x9″x2″ greased baking pan or a 9″ cast iron skillet (my personal favorite). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.