23 Oct Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cane or maple syrup
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and bake until tender and begins to ooze sugary syrup, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
3. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh with a spoon into a large bowl. Add the cream, sugar, butter, syrup, salt and pepper, and thyme, if using and mix, mashing until the potato mixture is smooth. Cover to keep warm until ready to serve. 4 Servings