27 Jun Migas
From Chef Jed Demler
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (small dice)
- 1 small bell pepper or 1 poblano pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 medium tomato (diced)
- 1 cup broken tortilla chips or 2-3 corn tortillas (torn and fried crispy)
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Queso fresco (crumbled)
- Avocado (sliced for garnish)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large cast iron skillet (feel free to use your nonstick) on medium high heat. Add onions and sauce until soft and translucent. Add peppers and tortilla chips, stirring often.
- While onions and peppers are cooking, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- When vegetables are soft, turn heat to medium and add eggs and tomatoes, stirring constantly to scramble. When eggs are set, sprinkle with queso fresco.
- Garnish with salsa verde and avocado.
Salsa Verde Ingredients:
- 2 bunches cilantro (stems removed)
- 6 cloves garlic (cleaned and crushed)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and diced)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and papper to taste
Salsa Verde Directions:
- First make the salsa verde by adding cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, salt, and pepper to the blender and process on low.
- Drizzle, while blender is running, the olive oil into salsa until combined.