15 Aug Okra and Tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh okra, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 slices bacon, diced into small pieces
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped, 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 tablespoon sugar, fresh ground black pepper
1. Cook bacon slightly. Saute onion and garlic with bacon until tender.
2. Add tomatoes, chicken base, sugar and pepper. Stir well and let simmer for about 20 minutes. Adjust seasoning if needed.
3. Meanwhile wash okra and remove fuzz and cut into pieces. Add the okra and simmer until okra is done, about 20 more minutes. 4 servings