12 Aug Quick Tomato Tart
- 1 sheet prepared puff pastry, thawed
- 3 T dijon mustard
- 12 oz sliced fresh tomatoes
- 3 T fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 10 oz mozzarella or goat cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Cut pastry to fit buttered pie or tart pan, or line rectangular pan with it.
2. Spread a layer of dijon mustard on the pastry, leaving 1-inch edge.
3. Arrange tomato slices on mustard layer, then scatter basil leaves atop tomato slices.
4. Slice or crumble cheese onto basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until cheese softens and crust browns.