24 Apr Roasted Asparagus Salad with Goat Cheese and Bread Crumbs
- 1 thick slice Crusty Bread or 3 thick slices Baguette cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound Asparagus Spears , trimmed
- 4 tsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 3 ounces fresh Goat Cheese , crumbled
- Zest of 1 Lemon , removed in long, thin strips
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange Bread Cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast, tossing halfway through, until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove, cool, and chop into coarse crumbs; set aside. Wipe sheet clean.
2. Arrange Asparagus on sheet. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons Olive Oil, and season to taste with Sea Salt and Pepper. Toss to coat. Roast, rolling Asparagus over once or twice, until just tender, 12 to 14 minutes; transfer to a large platter.
3. Sprinkle Lemon Juice over Asparagus, then scatter Bread Crumbs on top. Drizzle remaining Olive Oil; top with Goat Cheese and Lemon Zest. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper. Serve immediately.
Extra idea: These flavors would also work together harmoniously as a canapé—the Goat Cheese spread thin on Crustless Bread, the Asparagus steamed and sliced thin, the Lemon Zest curled on top.