22 Apr Shrimp Scampi with Green Onions and Orzo
- 3/4 cup orzo
- 4 T (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
1. Cook orzo in large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic for 10 seconds. Add shrimp and sauté 2 minutes. Add green onions and toss until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 1 minute longer. Add wine and toss until wine boils, about 1 minute. Mix in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Drain pasta; transfer to large bowl. Top with shrimp and onion-garlic butter. Serve with sautéed spinach or other greens.