29 Jul Stuffed Zucchini
- 4 med zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 T dry white wine
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 T chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 T butter, softened
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Scoop out the insides of the zucchini halves, reserving cored halves and insides.
2. Saute onions over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes; add mushrooms, then celery and reserved zucchini insides and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add white wine and cook 1 minute. Add beef and cook until brown, approximately 8 minutes. Stir in basil and rosemary. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Once cooled, blend in the cheese, egg, butter, salt, and pepper. Fill the cored zucchini with the mixture.
4. Fill a baking pan with 1/4 inch of water. Place the filled zucchini halves in the pan and bake for 40 minutes, until golden brown.