13 Jun Carne Codia En Limon
From Diana Kennedy’s The Cuisines of Mexico
- A glass or china bowl
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin, absolutely free of fat
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3-4 chiles (serranos) with seeds, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Mix the lime juice well into the ground meat in glass or china bowl and set aside to “cook” in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and set aside to season for at least 2 more hours.
- Serve with crisp tortillas, either toasted or fried.