28 Apr Beet, Goat Cheese, and Arugula Salad
From The Baker’s Mann. Find other delicious recipes here.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4-6 beets, tops removed and scrubbed
- 6 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted Marcona almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 3-4oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400. Wrap the beets individually in aluminum foil and place them on a sheet pan. Roast them for 50-60 minutes, until a small sharp knife inserted in the middle indicates that they are tender. Unwrap each beet and set aside for 10 minutes, until cool enough to handle. Peel the beets with a small, sharp knife. To prevent staining, consider covering your cutting board with parchment paper and wear gloves.
- Whisk the vinegar, shallots, and honey in a medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Toss the arugula, almonds, and cranberries in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the salad onto plates then arrange the beets, sprinkle with the avocado and goat cheese, and serve.