Autumn Pear Salad
- 3-4 stalks celery heart
- 3 ounces imported parmesan cheese
- Small handful walnut halves
- 3 large, ripe but firm pears
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- Radicchio leaves or other red or bronze-colored lettuce leaves
- Remove strings from celery and cut into thin diagonal slices. Reserve a few celery leaves.
- Cut parmesan cheese into paper-thin slivers.
- Coarsely chop walnuts.
- Core and thickly slice pears. If not using immediately, toss pears with a little lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Place celery, cheese, walnuts, and pears into a bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper and toss very gently.
- Line serving platter with radicchio leaves and gently arrange salad on top. Garnish with reserved celery leaves.