Cold Curried Chicken Salad
From the Dallas Junior League Cookbook. Serves 12-14. Ingredients:
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 cup raw cauliflower buds, chopped in 1/4" pieces
- 8 ounces bottled creamy French dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, or more
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6-7 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- Toss chilled rice, cauliflower, and French Dressing. Chill in refrigerator.
- Mix mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Slowly mix in milk, then chicken. Refrigerate.
- Next day, combine rice and chicken mixtures with green pepper, celery, and onion.