Heirloom Tomato Salad
From Gourmet Magazine Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (reduce to 1/2 of amount and set aside to cool for 10 minutes)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, roasted 8-10 minutes then crushed
- 2 1/2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes (green, red, yellow, small red, pear yellow, etc.)
- 1 large bunch arugula (stems removed)
- 1 1/2 ounces parmesan cheese (use a vegetable scraper to thinly slice curls)
- 1 bunch fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Place salad plates with arugula leaves around border. Place tomatoes (some sliced, some quartered, some whole depending on size) on plate. Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes.
- Put shaved parmesan around top. Sprinkle with crushed peppercorns, chopped marjoram, and kosher salt.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar around edge of plate and on arugula.