From The Cuisines of Mexico – Diana Kennedy
- 1 frying pan
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes (about 3/4 pound), skinned, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Melt the lard and fry the garlic and onion, without browning, until they are soft.
- Add the tomato and fry for a minute or so more.
- Add the ground meat and seasoning and cook over a medium flame until it is tender.
Great to use as a taco filling or serve with eggs!