15 Aug Migas (Tex-Mex Omelets)
From Classen Grill – Oklahoma City, OK
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup bite-size pieces of unsalted tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup grated cheese (monterrey jack or cheddar)
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh jalapeños, if desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook onion in butter in a heavy skillet over moderate heat until soft.
- Mix eggs, milk, and tortilla chips together. Pour into skillet with onion.
- Cook, stirring until eggs begin to set. About 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes. Stir until eggs are set.
- Remove from skillet and immediately top with cheese. Garnish with jalapeños, if desired, and season with salt and pepper to taste.