20 Jun Guacamole
From Diana Kennedy’s The Cuisines of Mexico
Makes about 1 3/4 to 2 cups
- A molcajete or mortar and pestle
- 1/4 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 serrano chiles
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 very large or 2 medium avocados
- Grind the onions, chiles, coriander, and salt together into a smooth paste in the molcajete or mortar and pestle.
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the seed and scoop out the flesh. Mash the flesh roughly with the chile paste in the molcajete.
- Skin, seed, and chop the tomato and add it, with the chopped onion and coriander, to the guacamole.
- Mix well and serve immediately.