Provided by SMFM vendor Mozzarella Company. Originally published in Paula Lambert’s The Cheese Lover’s Cookbook and Guide.
Makes 12 bruschettas, serves 6-12
- 2 medium, ripe peeled tomatoes, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced, plus 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leads fresh basil, chopped, plus 12 whole leaves for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 slices of a baguette, diagonally cut about 1/2″ thick
- 6 ounces herb goat log (3/4 cup)
- Place the tomatoes, minced garlic, olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Gently mix together and set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Toast the bread on both sides until light brown. While the toast is still warm, rub the top of each pieces of toast with the cut side of a garlic clove
- Spread each slice of toast with 1 tablespoon of goat cheese.
- Drain the chopped tomato mixture and top the goat cheese with it. Garnish each bruschetta with a basil leaf and serve on a large platter.