- 2 1/2 pounds red-skinned or gold potatoes, peeled
- 4 large eggs, hard cooked, peeled, and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped, about 1/4-1/3 cup
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-3 tablespoons mild green chile peppers, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, or as desired
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Cut potatoes up and put them in a medium saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and boil gently for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and let cool completely. When the potatoes are completely cooled, cut into bite-size chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, chopped eggs, celery, onion, chile peppers, and jalapeño peppers
- Combine the mayonnaise with mustard, relish, lime juice, and seasonings. Add the potato salad and mix until well blended. If desired, add more mayonnaise.
- If desired, garnish with chopped cilantro before serving. Enjoy!