19 Aug Charred Corn Salad with Hatch Green Chiles
Posted by The Baker’s Mann. Find other delicious recipes here.
- Olive oil, as needed
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 8oz roasted Hatch green chile peppers
- 8oz cherry tomatoes
- 2oz cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful cilantro, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- Juice from 2 small limes
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a grill to medium-high and lightly oil the grates
- Brush the ears of corn with oil and set them on the grill. Grill, turning often, until they are nicely charred and vibrant yellow in color. Remove from heat and cool.
- While the corn is cooking, lightly oil the cherry tomatoes and set them on the grill. Cook until they are charred and start to soften, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Slice the kernels from all of the corn and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Coarsely chop the Hatch chiles and add to the bowl.
- Add cotija cheese and cilantro and toss.
- Squeeze in lime juice and add vinegar. Toss.
- Taste and adjust with salt and pepper if necessary.