24 Jun Corn and Tomato Salad
Posted on The Baker’s Mann: Corn and Tomato Salad
- 5 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 small or 1/2 cup red onion, small-diced
- 1 container cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned, or dried basil flakes
Shuck the corn, wash and place in a large pot of water straight from the faucet (aka, room temperature). Cook the corn until the water starts to boil. Remove corn from the boiling water. (If you like a grilled, smokey flavor, you could also place on the grill for a few minutes on each side to sear the corn). When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob.
Place the corn kernels in a large bowl and add the red onions and tomatoes. In a separate small bowl, whisk the ingredients for the dressing: apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and basil. Pour over the corn mixture, stir and enjoy cold or at room temperature.