09 Jul Eggplant, Zucchini, and Tomato Tian
- 1 pound Eggplant, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 pound Zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound large Beefsteak Tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 ½ tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper, divided
- 4 ounces French Bread Baguette
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh Oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh Thyme
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium Chicken Broth
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Arrange Eggplant and Zucchini in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with Cooking Spray. Lightly coat Vegetables with Cooking Spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Arrange half of Eggplant in a single layer in an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with Cooking Spray. Top with half of Zucchini and half of Tomato. Drizzle 2 1/4 teaspoons oil evenly over Vegetables. Sprinkle Vegetables evenly with 1/8 teaspoon Salt and 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper.
3. Place Bread in a food processor; process until coarse crumbs measure 2 cups. Add Cheese and next 4 ingredients (through Garlic) to processor; process until combined. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups Breadcrumb mixture evenly over Tomato. Repeat layers with remaining Eggplant, Zucchini, Tomatoes, Oil, and Salt, Pepper, and Breadcrumb mixture. Pour Broth over top. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until Vegetables are tender and topping is browned.