01 Aug Farm Fritters with Spicy Green Goddess
By Chef Jed Demler, Savoureux Catering
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, squash, or corn off the cob
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (chives, dill, parsley)
- Vegetable oil for cooking
Green Goddess Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped until paste
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large skillet to 350 degrees.
- Lightly beat the egg and add to the milk. Stir together the flour, spices, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until smooth. Fold in vegetables and herbs.
- Drop spoonfuls into hot grease, making sure not to overcrowd the pan (overcrowding brings the temperature of the oil down drastically and will affect the texture of your fritters). When edges tuen golden brown, flip (flipping only once). The entire cooking process should take 90 seconds to 2 minutes!
- Remove from oil and immediately toss with salt.
Green Goddess Directions:
- Super easy! Blend all ingredients in a blender until very smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before use (allowing flavors to meld).