26 Aug Grilled Chicken Ratatouille
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, halved lengthwise, stemmed and seeded
- 4 small tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine oil, basil, marjoram and salt in a small bowl and reserve 1 tablespoon of the mixture in another small bowl; set aside.
- Coat both sides of bell pepper, eggplant, zucchini, tomato and onion pieces with cooking spray. Grill the vegetables, turning once, until soft and charred in spots, about 5 minutes per side for the pepper, 4 minutes per side for the eggplant and zucchini and 3 minutes per side for the tomatoes and onion.
- Rub the tablespoon of reserved herb mixture on both sides of chicken and sprinkle with pepper. Grill the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the grilled vegetables to a cutting board and chop into 1-inch pieces. Return to the bowl and toss with vinegar and the remaining herb mixture. Serve the grilled chicken with the ratatouille. 4 Servings