05 Aug Grilled Shrimp and Bread Salad
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 thick slices day-old country-style or sourdough bread
- 1 lb tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Toss shrimp with 2 T of the vinaigrette. Grill shrimp, two minutes on each side or until pink. Grill bread slices 1 minute on each side or until toasted. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes.
4. Combine bread, shrimp, tomatoes, olives, and basil in a large bowl; add remaining vinaigrette, and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Can be refrigerated up to 2 hours before serving.