26 May Grilled Vegetables with Balsamic Glaze
Posted by The Baker’s Mann. Find other delicious recipes here.
Ingredients (for the balsamic glaze):
- 1.5 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
Ingredients (for the vegetables; adjust to your selection and preference):
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced lengthwise, 1/4″ thick
- 2 celery roots, trimmed and cut in 1/4″ slices
- 2 large red onions, cut into rounds, 3/8″ thick
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise, 1/4″ thick
- 2 squash, sliced lengthwise, 1/4″ thick
- Oil for brushing grill
- For the balsamic glaze: In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add vinegar, brown sugar, and honey. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until reduced by half. Keep warm for glazing on the grill.
- In a 1-gallon resealable bag, add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic and mix until combined. Next, add the carrots, celery root, and onions, remove excess air. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Then add the zucchini and squash and allow to marinate for 10 more minutes.
- Brush grill with oil. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Add onion, carrots, and celery root. Cook on both sides for 3-5 minutes, brushing with balsamic glaze. Mark and brown evenly on both sides. Remove to holding pan and cover with aluminum foil. Add squash and zucchini to grill, brush with glaze, and cook for 2 minutes per side until marked and evenly brown. Remove to holding pan and cover until ready to serve. Drizzle veggies with remaining glaze and serve.