04 May Penne with Mixed Grilled Vegetables
- 8 ounces penne
- 1 cup diced grilled eggplant (from about 3 grilled lengthwise slices)
- 1 cup diced grilled zucchini or other summer squash (from about 5 grilled lengthwise slices)
- 1/2 cup diced grilled bell peppers (from about 3 grilled lengthwise slices)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 4 stalks grilled asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Cook penne in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, as package label directs. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, then drain pasta and return to pot.
2. Combine grilled vegetables, olives, tomatoes, basil, lemon zest, lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss vegetables with pasta in pot, adding enough water to create a thin sauce. Divide among 4 plates, top with basil and serve.