06 Jul Roasted Cherry Tomato Chutney on Squash
- 1 2-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 pints cherry and/or grape tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 8 -ounce container bite-size fresh mozzarella balls, cut up
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken broth
1. Brush cut sides of squash with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place squash halves, cut sides down, in a large baking dish. Prick the skin all over with a fork. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degrees oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender.
2. Place cherry tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, minced garlic and salt to taste; stir well to coat. Place tomato mixture in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in oven with the squash for the last 20 minutes.
3. In a large skillet, bring the chicken broth to boiling; add onion. Cook about 3 minutes or just until tender. Remove skillet from heat. Add roasted tomatoes to the skillet with the onion. Using a fork gently press down on tomatoes to pop their skin and release their juice. Add mozzarella, basil and mint to the tomato mixture; toss well.
4. Using a fork, remove the squash pulp from shell. Top squash with tomato mixture and Parmesan cheese.