30 May Roasted Vegetables
- Vegetables – tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, broccoli, red onion
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning (optional)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Dice vegetables into pieces about the same size, place in a mixing bowl (except tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon juice, then toss.
- Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and roast 15 minutes
- Remove from oven, add tomatoes, and toss.
- Roast 10 minutes longer or until veggies are tender
You can roast any vegetables! Here are approximate cooking times with oven temperature at 400 degrees. Remember to toss halfway through.
- Asparagus – 20 minutes
- Bell peppers – 20 minutes
- Broccoli – 25 minutes
- Brussels sprouts (halved) – 25 minutes
- Butternut squash – 30 minutes
- Cabbage (cut into 1-inch thick slices) – 30 minutes
- Carrots (cut into 1-inch chunks or baby carrots) – 30 minutes
- Cauliflower – 25 minutes
- Corn (cobs left whole with husks) – 40 minutes
- Green Beans – 20 minutes
- Kale – 15 minutes (it doesn’t need to be in a single layer)
- Onions – 35 minutes
- Potatoes (russet, red, yukon) – 45 minutes
- Sweet potatoes – 30 minutes
- Tomatoes (grape or cherry) – 15 minutes
- Yellow squash – 20 minutes
- Zucchini – 20 minutes