09 Jul Spinach Salad with Blueberries and Blue Cheese
Posted on The Baker’s Mann
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon blueberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 5 ounces (10 cups) baby spinach
- 12 ounces (approximately 2 cups) blueberries
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, stir together vinegar, blueberry preserves, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until well combined. Mix in chives. Set aside.
- Toss together spinach, blueberries, walnuts and blue cheese. Mix in dressing and serve immediately – the spinach turns soggy quickly. Or serve the dressing on the side.