13 May Stir Fried Beef, Broccoli and Sweet Potato
Can also be made with kale. Serve with rice.
- ¼ cup water
- 1 T brown sugar
- 3 T oyster sauce or fish sauce
- ¼ tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 1 lb flank steak, cut in half lengthwise then crosswise into ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 ½ T flour
- 2 ½ T sesame oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 peeled sweet potato, cut in half lengthwise then in 1/3 inch thick slices
- 2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
1. Stir first four ingredients in small bowl until sugar dissolves.
2. Place beef in large bowl and sprinkle salt and pepper, then add flour and toss to coat.
3. Heat 1 ½ T oil in large wok over high heat. Add beef and stir fry until no longer pink outside, about 3 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl.
4. Heat 1T oil in same skillet. Add broccoli, sweet potato and ginger. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then add sauce. Cover, reduce heat and cook until vegetables are tender, about five minutes. Add beef, tossing until sauce coats beef, about one minute.