13 Jun Vietnamese Pork Salad
From Women’s Health Magazine
- 1 (12 oz.) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced scallions
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup lightly salted chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place pork on a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and cook until thermometer registers 160 degrees F, 20-24 minutes. Let meat meat for 10 minutes, then cut crosswise into a few sections, then shred.
- Place lime juice, sugar, and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap and microwave on high until sugar melts, 20-30 seconds. Let cool. Stir in fish sauce and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- In a large bowl, gently toss coleslaw mix, scallions, and cilantro. Pour lime mixture over veggies, add pork, and toss gently. Divide evenly into four salad bowls. Top salad with nuts before serving.