27 Jul Watermelon Lemonade Slushie
Posted by The Baker’s Mann. Find other delicious recipes here.
- 4 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Vodka, optional
- Cut the watermelon into cubes. Place in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and freeze until completely frozen, like ice cubes, for at least 2 hours.
- While freezing the watermelon, cook ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely melted, which takes about 5 minutes. Cool completely to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- When the watermelon is completely frozen, put half in a blender. Pour the syrup into the blender. Add the lemon juice, and blend until the mixture is mostly smooth, pushing it down with a wooden spoon or spatula if needed. Add the remaining watermelon, and continue to blend until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!