From Jean-Georges Vongerichten's Jean-Georges Cooking at Home
- 6 medium beets (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- Few drops Tabasco or other hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 6 cornichons, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Wash the beets, wrap them individually in foil, and place them in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 90 minutes or until nice and tender. Cool the beets, peel them, and then cut into eighths.
- Place the beets in a food processor with the shallot, Worchestershire sauce, Tabasco, vinegar, cornichons, and capers, Pulse until the mixture is minced but not pureed. Scrape down sides between pulses.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl and stir in the mayonnaise and parsley. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. You may need to add salt.