From The Baker’s Mann Ingredients
- 1-2 lbs of chicken, skin on and boneless (or lamb)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 T olive oil
- ½ t salt
- ½ t freshly ground pepper
- ½ T dried oregano leaves (or 1 T fresh oregano)
- 2 t minced garlic
- ½ T onion powder (or ¼ C grated onion)
- White onion sliced into rings
- Olive oil
- Pita or nan – white or wheat
- Mix ingredients #2-8 and pour over chicken (I like to marinate in a zippered bag). Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill. Flatten chicken while in zippered bag using the flat side of a meat tenderizer. This helps to create uniform cooking and the chicken will cook faster. Grill chicken (skin on) until it reaches at least 170 degrees – turning periodically to cook evenly. Remove from grill; remove skin; slice into strips.
- Pour 1-2 T of olive oil in a medium hot sauté pan. Place onion rings in and stir frequently to brown and soften. Halfway through, I get impatient and pour some water in the pan to speed along the process.
- Warm pita/nan in the oven or on the grill.
- To serve, place pita/nan on plate and then top with sliced grilled chicken. Place sautéed onion rings on top. Serve with a dollop of tzatziki.