Garbage Pail Pasta
Serves 2-3 Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 rounded tablespoon whole pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins (preferably golden)
- 1 rounded tablespoon salted capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped if very large
- 1/4 cup diced fresh cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 6 small black olives (preferably Gaeta), pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more to taste
- 8 ounces thick spaghetti (spaghettoni) or regular spaghetti
- In a 9-10 inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. When hot, add nuts and sauce until pine nuts become lightly colored.
- Add raisins, capers, and tomatoes. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Add oregano, parsley, and olives. Starr well. Cook 1 minute longer. Salt to taste. Set aside.
- Boil spaghetti in at least 3 quarts of water with a heaping tablespoon of salt. When cooked, drain well.
- Toss pasta with seasonings over medium heat until well amalgamated.
- If desired, serve with grated pecorino or parmesan cheese.