Lemon Fusilli with Arugula
Adapted from Ina Garten, posted by The Baker’s Mann. Find other delicious recipes here. Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (2 cloves) garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound dried fusilli pasta
- 1/2 pound baby arugula, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 pint grape or cheery tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic, and cook for 60 seconds. Add the cream, 6 tablespoons of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until it starts to thicken.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, stirring occasionally. Drain the pasta in a colander and place it back in the pot. Immediately add the cream mixture and cook it over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until most of the sauce has been absorbed in the pasta.
- Pour the pasta into a large bowl, add the arugula, parmesan, tomatoes, and cooked broccoli. Cut the last lemon in half lengthwise, slice it 1/4-inch thick crosswise, and add it to the pasta. Toss well and season to taste.