- 4 slices Whole-Grain Bread, torn into quarters
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Pecorino Romano, or Parmesan cheese
- 4 Medium Tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a shallow 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place Bread in a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form. Add Garlic, Oil and Cheese; pulse to combine.
- Spread the seasoned Breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and bake until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes, turn up to 450°F if needed to brown.
- Meanwhile, layer Tomato Slices in the prepared baking dish, sprinkling each layer with Basil, Pepper and Salt. If Tomatoes are juicy, drain on paper towels before layering. Bake the Tomatoes for 10 minutes; Sprinkle with the Toasted Breadcrumbs, and bake for 10 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 128 calories; Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A & Vitamin C (20% daily value).