Avocado Toast Two Ways
Posted by The Baker’s Mann. Find other delicious recipes here.
Ingredients for both versions:
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
Additional ingredients for the caprese version:
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Mozzarella, sliced
- Sourdough bread, sliced and toasted
- Balsamic glaze
Additional ingredients for the egg version:
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 hardboiled egg, chopped
- Rustic white bread, sliced and toasted
Mash the Avocado in a bowl. Mix in the lemon juice. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Toast the bread (or broil in the oven after brushing with a little olive oil, optional).
Spread the avocado mixture on the toast. Top with mozzarella slices and sliced tomatoes. Drizzle with balsamic glaze
To the avocado mixture, add and mix in the dijon mustard. Spread the avocado mixture on the toast. Top with chopped egg.