Light Fried Lion's Mane
From SMFM vendor Tree Folk Farm
- 6-8 oz. lion's mane
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or medium to high heat oil)
- Cut or tear lion's mane into bite-sized pieces.
- Salt the mushroom to bring water to the surface.
- In a bowl, combine corn meal, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Heat a skillet with oil over medium heat
- Roll lion's mane to coat in seasoning/bread mixture.
- Place breaded mushroom in oiled skillet. Pan should be hot enough that mushrooms sizzle.
- Brown on all sides, 6 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce.