Posted by The Baker’s Mann. Find other delicious recipes here.
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. clove powder
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 – 1 lb. can of pumpkin (look for “pumpkin,” not “pumpkin pie filling”)
- Cream margarine or butter together with the sugar. Gradually beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift all dry ingredients together. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture by gradually alternative each addition with the pumpkin.
- Transfer mixture to 3 greased 8×5 pans (I had 9×5 loaf pans so used 2 of those plus 2 mini-loafs). For the larger loafs, bake in an oven at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. For the mini loafs, bake at 325 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.